Statistics & Methods Centre - General software
There are several packages in general use for analysing data.
The larger suites have a larger number of separate units for different analyses.
Once you enter the program,
it is possible to perform all kinds of data analytic task, from data entry and cleaning, to multiple analysis techniques, and reporting.
- Most popular in the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Science. The website you are referred to is that of UCLA Academic Technology Services. The official SPSS website is not really geared to students.
- UCLA-Academic Techonology Services has a library with documents on special topics.
- An SPSS discussion board with many tips and tricks, as well as solutions for your problems is the site comp.soft-sys.stat.spss that you can browse using the Google box provided. Friendly people may already know the answers to your questions.
- One of the most comprehensive sites containing nearly anything you may want to know about SPSS is the one by Raynald Levesque (http://www.spsstools.net/). There is sitemap and a search box to find out whether your question has already been solved. If not, please pose your question.
- On the same site is a list of places where you can find tutorials for many SPSS programs
- Andy Field's statistics book contains SPSS input and output. It is used in several institutes of the Faculty.
Field, A. (2009). Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (3rd edition). Londen: Sage.
- A comparable package with a similar set of statistical analyses, but more in vogue with, for instance, biologists and in medicine. The website you are referred to is that of UCLA Academic Technology Services. The official SAS site is not really geared to students.
Direct Links Statistics & Method Centre:
Master Thesis Lab:
Direct Links FSW: